Some highlights from the survey results:
- 58% strongly agreed that "labor unions are necessary to protect the working person."
- 69% said it was very important to their business that "Congress enact legislation that rewards responsible employers who respect their workers' right to join a union."
- 72% strongly agreed that "a good business person can make a profit AND respect their workers' choice to form a union."
- 82% strongly agreed that "it's morally wrong for employers to fire or threaten employees for wanting to form a union."
- 54% of self-identified small business owners and self-employed Americans surveyed strongly agreed that "strong unions make the free market system stronger," with over 80% of respondents in agreement overall.