Dec 24, 2010

UFCW Will Match Your Gift if You Donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Today!

Members of the UFCW International Light the Night Team.
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the UFCW's designated major charity organization. And UFCW members, staff, and supporters have worked tirelessly to raise awareness, volunteering time and money to help those fighting blood cancers.

Donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) and UFCW will double the value of your gift now until December 31st!

Kathy Haywood, a staff member at UFCW International, has been spearheading the Light the Night® walk since 2000. The Light the Night® Walk is a two to three mile walk every fall across the US, in which teams of co-workers, friends, associates, and family members carry illuminated balloons in support of those touched by blood cancers and to help LLS find a cure for them.

Kathy says, "The UFCW Team is proud to be a part of this important cause because we are helping to save lives. I am passionate for this cause because my uncle lost his battle with leukemia, and I have many loved ones and friends who have lost their lives to cancer. I am a six-year breast cancer survivor and I feel blessed that I work for an organization that affords me the opportunity to help those suffering from cancer."

Kristin Fleshman is a fellow UFCW team member and UFCW Intl employee. "I do the Light the Night Walk each year," she says, "because it is so uplifting. To see the illuminated balloons in the night is just beautiful, and brings warmth to you no matter how cold it is. Since I’ve become a mother, I try each year to bring at least one of my kids so I can teach them what it means to be giving and to share such a wonderful experience. I think every one of us has known somebody who has died from cancer, is currently fighting cancer, or has beaten cancer. I hope with every dollar raised, we come that much closer to finding a cure. Until we do, I will continue to walk.”

Click here to donate to the LLS today and double your gift's value!

If you're inspired by the actions of those like Kathy and Kristin, please donate today! The UFCW will match $1 million in donations made by December 31st to LLS. Anything you give today will be worth twice as much during this matching challenge. But the challenge ends on December 31st so don’t miss the chance to fund more life-saving research.

Thank you for all you do. And the very best to you and your family, this holiday season.

Sincerely,

The UFCW

No comments: