Oct 30, 2008

*NEW* UFCW for Obama song!

submitted by UFCW member Phillip Mesa

Hello my name is Phillip Meza and I am a proud member of UFCW local 1428 in California. I have been a member of the UFCW for 17 years now and an employee of Albertsons. I didn’t really realize how important our union was until the strike and lock-out that we went through in 2003-2004. That's when I really got active and took true interest in the causes that our union fights for.

With my involvement in the Hip-Hop community I felt it was only fitting to express my views through music. As Mr. Picket Man, I put to music the thoughts, views and struggles into a few songs. All I hoped was to inspire those of us on the picket line the keep our heads held high and keep fighting.

Now in 2008 we are in another fight. A fight to get a man elected to the office of
President of the United States of America. That man is Barack Obama and I truly believe he is the candidate that honestly knows, shows and cares about us.

I feel in my heart that he actually knows our stories and what our lives are like as working people. It has been a long time since I have felt so trusting of a politician, but there is something in him that I Believe and I am ready for the Change that I know he can bring to this great nation.

This new song that I have done is dedicated and donated to the UFCW to express my views of Barack Obama as I pledge my vote to him. I hope that all of you would do the same. If all us as the great Union that we are would cast our vote for Barack Obama on November 4th. I am sure we will all soon be referring to him as Mr. President.

Please realize that we are not just voting for a president but that we are voting for our future.

Thank You.

"OBAMA 08"

Click to listen

2 comments: